Wednesday 22 February 2017

Somebody to love

This is my 2nd picture for the song challenge over at the Craft Barn blog - the idea is to create art incorporating a song title and singer/band, highlighted every 3 weeks (I think) on the blog.
As I have planned to use this challenge to practise drawing people I thought I would use my one and only new die as the focus of the girls love - a pretty bird!

I started off using a piece of card that had brayer 'wipeoff' (not sure that the computer has ever heard those technical terms before, there are a lot of red lines under the words lol) from a gelli-print session - these pieces of colourful card full of interest are proving very valuable, a pre-made background!

I hand-drew the girl and enjoyed painting her with a mixture of paint and Neo-color crayons - her top was cut out of scrap paper and the bird has been coloured blue and embossed with white. I thought it needed some stamping in the background, so I added some purple arrows and butterflies in a colour that wouldn't be too prominent.

...clever thinking to lay the birdie down OVER the hand, hence hiding my failure to draw a decent hand! 



Challenges entered:

thecraftbarnblog.song-title-challenge

rubberdance.february-theme-challenge-layers

craftstamper-take-it-make-it-challenge-february

Thanks for visiting, Rachel

9 comments:

  1. Oh my! This is so so cute! Thank you for joining the Rubber Dance challenge. Hugs, Susanne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic piece of artwork! Don't worry about the hand - Manet couldn't draw them either!! Thanks for joining the Craft Barn Song Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel this is wonderful, your drawing is amazing and I love your background. Thanks so much for playing along with our 'layers' challenge at Rubber Dance, and have a fun week. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how this picture tells such a beautiful story...a wonderful connection between the girl and the bird shows through...and that muted background works brilliantly.
    Thank you for joining in for the layers challenge on the Rubber Dance challenge blog.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, Rachel! Clever idea to use the bird to cover the hand ;) Thank you for joining our Layer challenge at Rubber Dance ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun and lovely piece. That pretty little die cut bird fits right in with all the yummy paint. Thanks for joining the Rubber Dance layers challenge. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great drawing! A lovely colourful piece! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely piece and you'd never know there was anything dodgy about the hand, it's perfectly composed so the bird doesn't look like a cover-up at all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great page. The bird sits beautifully on the girl's hand.

    ReplyDelete